The OSET 12.5 Racing reaches new heights of performance for 2-5 year old riders! The 'Racing' version includes features never before seen on such a small bike. A frame based on the larger OSET models, disc brakes, adjustable suspension, a 600w OSET motor and '2 dial' controller to create a better experience for riders and parents. The previous OSET 12.5 was a world wide hit, and this bike is an improvement in almost every way!
The OSET 12.5 Racing is a high specification bike that can grow with the rider. Like the 12.5 Eco, this bike can be used by children who have never ridden before, and can grow with the child as they venture into more challenging riding terrain. This is a high specification starter bike, capable of getting children off to the best possible start. OSETs are known for their high resale value, and we expect this new version to be no different.
“The OSET 12.5 Racing features a host of high end components. Disc brakes front and rear, alloy wheels, hubs, bars and pegs, and high grade adjustable suspension. It's easier to learn to ride than a bicycle, but capable of taking first steps into competition.”
For 2016, improvements include higher level motor sealing, a new 'map' which provides smoother acceleration and deceleration, and stunning new graphics that match the new range of OSET riding gear.
Safety features are paramount. On on/off handlebar switch is easily operated by the rider, while the separate key switch is easily removable by the parent when it's time to take a break! The OSET controller has been designed for our exclusive '2 dial' system, which allows parents to easily adjust the characteristics of the bike. By simply removing the rubber bung in the 'tank' area, the responsible adult can adjust the speed and response of the bike. It can be set from a very mellow machine at walking pace and low power, all the way up to maximum power for more experienced riders. For those learning to ride, the throttle response can be set so the reaction of the bike to throttle openings is softened.
"The 12.5 Racing is truly a machine to put a smile on the face of children and adults alike. This bike raises the bar for tiny motorcycles, and is so versatile it can suit anyone from first time riders, to highly experienced 5 year olds!"
- Wheelbase - 725mm (28.5”)
- Seat Height - 390mm (15”)
- Ground clearance - 152mm (6”)
- Bar height - 650mm (25.6”)
- Wheels – 12.5” Alloy rims/hubs.
- Suspension – Front telescopic, 40mm travel. Rear preload adjustable, oil dampened.
- Brakes – Front 160mm disc, rear 140mm disc. e
- Motor – 600w 24v OSET neodymium magnet DC motor.
- Controller – 24v OSET, adjustable for speed and response.
- Batteries – 2 x 10ah AGM SLA.
- Charger – 2 amp 24v
- Age Range – 2-5 years old
- New Tubular steel frame design, painted OSET red.
- Improved front suspension with more travel and adjustment.
- Uprated larger rear shock with more travel and oil damping.
- Lighter aluminium wheel hubs with stainless steel spokes.
- More efficient OSET designed 600W motor
- Stronger chain and sprockets.
- Rear Sprocket is now bolt on so easier to change.
- 2 x 12v 10Ah batteries, Larger capacity = more riding time.
- 2 dial controller, can now adjust speed and throttle response which gives a smoother ride.
- Dials accessible through OSET tank bung, enables easy adjustment.
- New dial knobs make it clearer to see what setting the bike is on.
- Uprated brakes, front and rear - disc brakes.
- Lighter OSET handle bars.
- Lightweight OSET foot pegs.
- Improved battery fixing method. Battery bag not required.
- Infill side panels to protect batteries and electrics, creating a better look.
- Improved front mudguard which is flexible plastic.
- Handle bar switch for a quicker shut down of the bike.
- Charge port moved to make it easily accessible.
- All new plastics and 2015 decals.
For ages 2 – 5 year olds.
Oset 12.5 Eco
The 'Eco' version is sister to the 12.5 Racing model. It is simple, sturdy, adjustable and easy to manage for riders from 2-5. The Eco utilizes a component set suited to new riders and is offered at a lower price than the Racing version...Read More...
OSET 16.0 Eco
The OSET 16.0 Eco is the sister bike to the well established 16.0 Racing. The Eco utilizes a component set suited to new riders and is offered at a lower price than the Racing version...Read More...
OSET 20.0 Lite
The OSET 20.0 Lite is an 'in-between' machine for riders a little too big for the 16.0, but not quite ready for the 20.0 Eco or Racing. It features similar ergonomics...Read More...
OSET 20.0 Eco
The OSET 20.0 Eco was the first 'new generation' OSET, and has evolved into a multi-purpose machine. This bike was designed for 8-12 year olds, but has found its way into the hands of many adult riders as well...Read More...
OSET 20.0 Racing
The 20.0 Racing is a competition ready machine for 8-12 year olds. It features the exclusive OSET wide rear rim and 3" wide deep tread competition motorcycle tyre. This machine also features an alloy swingarm...Read More...
The OSET MX-10 is designed as the first bike for off-road, motocross and play riders. Compared to the traditional petrol 'first bikes' sold for the last few decades, this machine is a leap forward in performance and usability...Read More...