The 'Eco' version is sister to the 12.5 Racing model. It is simple, sturdy, adjustable and easy to manage for riders from 2-5. The Eco utilizes a component set suited to new riders and is offered at a lower price than the Racing version. Compared to the incredibly popular 2007-2014 12.5 Eco's, this machine is a much higher specification.
The same drive system as the 12.5 Racing is utilized, featuring the OSET 24v 600w motor and 2 dial controller housed in the same frame as the 12.5 Racing. Differences to the 12.5 Racing amount to the component set, and include the wheels & tyres, forks, shock, handlebars and stem. The brakes on the 12.5 Eco are a 'V-brake' up front, and a band brake on the rear. The levers are 'reach adjustable' for small hands. The OSET 12.5 Eco is a very capable machine for riders taking their first steps into the world of motorcycling.
"The 12.5 features a full coverage chain guard, custom foot pegs for little feet and first rate reliability. Cost of ownership is very low, and re-sale value very high."
Safety features are paramount. On on/off handlebar switch is easily operated by the rider, while the separate key switch is easily removable by the parent when it's time to take a break! The OSET controller has been designed for our exclusive '2 dial' system, which allows parents to easily adjust the characteristics of the bike. By simply removing the rubber bung in the 'tank' area, the responsible adult can adjust the speed and response of the bike. It can be set from a very mellow machine at walking pace and low power, all the way up to maximum power for more experienced riders. For those learning to ride, the throttle response can be set so the reaction of the bike to throttle openings is softened.
The OSET 12.5 has been the 'first bike' for thousands of children, and is regarded as the best motorcycle to begin on. The 12.5 Eco continues the theme, but with a host of improvements over previous models!
- Wheelbase - 725mm (28.5”)
- Seat Height - 390mm (15”)
- Ground clearance - 152mm (6”)
- Bar height - 650mm (25.6”)
- Wheels – 12.5” Alloy rims/hubs.
- Suspension – Front telescopic, Rear preload adjustable.
- Brakes – Front V Brake, Rear band brake
- Motor – 600w 24v OSET neodymium magnet DC motor.
- Controller – 24v OSET, adjustable for speed and response.
- Batteries – 2 x 10ah AGM SLA.
- Charger – 2 amp 24v
- Age Range – 2-5 years old
- Completely new Tubular steel frame design.
- Improved front suspension with more travel.
- Uprated larger rear shock with greater performance.
- New hubs with stainless steel spokes.
- OSET designed 600W motor, which is more efficient.
- Narrow chain and sprockets, rear is now bolt on so easier to change.
- 2 x 12v 10Ah batteries. Larger capacity = more riding time = happy child.
- 2 dial controller, can now adjust speed and throttle response which gives a much smoother ride.
- Dials accessible through OSET tank bung for easy adjustment, new dial knobs make it clearer to see what the bike is set at.
- Front V brake and rear drum brake.
- New Steel OSET handle bars.
- Lightweight OSET foot pegs.
- Improved battery location method. Battery bag not required.
- Infill side panels to protect batteries and electrics, creating a better look.
- Improved front mudguard which is flexible plastic.
- Handle bar switch to enable bike to be turned off with ease.
- Charge port moved to be more accessible.
- All new plastics and 2015 decals.
For ages 2 – 5 year olds.
Oset 12.5 Eco
The 'Eco' version is sister to the 12.5 Racing model. It is simple, sturdy, adjustable and easy to manage for riders from 2-5. The Eco utilizes a component set suited to new riders and is offered at a lower price than the Racing version...Read More...
OSET 16.0 Eco
The OSET 16.0 Eco is the sister bike to the well established 16.0 Racing. The Eco utilizes a component set suited to new riders and is offered at a lower price than the Racing version...Read More...
OSET 20.0 Lite
The OSET 20.0 Lite is an 'in-between' machine for riders a little too big for the 16.0, but not quite ready for the 20.0 Eco or Racing. It features similar ergonomics...Read More...
OSET 20.0 Eco
The OSET 20.0 Eco was the first 'new generation' OSET, and has evolved into a multi-purpose machine. This bike was designed for 8-12 year olds, but has found its way into the hands of many adult riders as well...Read More...
OSET 20.0 Racing
The 20.0 Racing is a competition ready machine for 8-12 year olds. It features the exclusive OSET wide rear rim and 3" wide deep tread competition motorcycle tyre. This machine also features an alloy swingarm...Read More...
The OSET MX-10 is designed as the first bike for off-road, motocross and play riders. Compared to the traditional petrol 'first bikes' sold for the last few decades, this machine is a leap forward in performance and usability...Read More...